The Teign Heritage Centre holds a number of drawings of Morgan Giles designs and also photographs and publications. Most of these are available to purchase.
Archive
The Teign Heritage Centre holds a number of drawings of Morgan Giles designs and also photographs and publications. Most of these are available to purchase.

Fern Mary was first owned and named by Major A Waycott in 1949 who soon had built a second, larger yacht by Morgan Giles he named Fern Mary II. The boat was purchased by Dr L P Marshall and renamed Catherine Mary after his wife. Dr Marshall was a keen cricketer who played for Somerset. His wife, a former nurse in WW 1, was in the first graduating year at the London Hospital School of Medicine that accepted women. She was also a keen sailor.
The boat passed through several subsequent hands as shown above and its present wherabouts, if still in service, are unknown. It is possible that she was taken to Germany as the last recorded home port is Lubeck
1949 Maj. A Waycott. First owner and named 'Fern Mary'
1951 Dr L P Marshall (renamed 'Catherine Mary')
1959 H K Enoch. Home Port Torquay
1962 Mrs Pauline Arundell. Home Port Brixham
1964 R D Harris. Home Port Mylor
1969 P B Sharp. Home Port Mylor
1973 Maj. Gen (later Lt. Gen.) Sir P J F Whiteley. Home Port Plymouth
1979 N J Bryant. Home Port Plymouth
1980 G Fechter. Home Port Poole/Lubeck
No further information available. The name 'Catherine Mary' was retained throughout all the above ownerships.
© 2024 Teign Heritage Centre